Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Sunday, October 2, 2011

OFC!

I'm a connoisseur of fried chicken, but I think I'll pass on this:
++++++++++++++++

It's Obama Fried Chicken! OFC pops up in China... but can the President also match the secret recipe of Colonel Sanders?

By Mike O'brien

Last updated at 6:49 AM on 1st October 2011

Is Obama abandoning his bid for a second term in the White House and is giving Colonel Sanders a run for his money by opening a chain of fried chicken joints?
Now that's change you can't really believe in.

But in Beijing, China, a restaurant is actually calling itself OFC with a logo that looks alarmingly like the President dressed in the colonel's clothes.
Scroll down for video
The presidential eatery: The Obama Fried Chicken restaurant in Beijing
The presidential eatery: The Obama Fried Chicken restaurant in Beijing
smiling
sanders
Broad smiles: President Obama and the original master of Southern Fried Chicken Colonel Sanders
The catchphrase underneath, apparently says 'We’re so cool, aren’t we?'

++++++++++++++++
He certainly has fans in Red China, I'll say that. Cheering for a true comrade!

KFC has gone downhill in the last few years - actually, I haven't patronized them since I got sick after eating there a few years back. Don't know it was their food, but their current menu and pricing certainly turns me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment