Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Friday, October 21, 2011

Feast or famine

Seems like the famine is over, at least for two weeks.

Got a call from one of the employment agencies I list with - they have a two-week job disassembling machinery down in Illinois, right down the road from where I used to live.

It pays good enough to make the commute worthwhile, and since Wisconsin's unemployment bureaucrats decided for some reason to stop sending me weekly checks for the next few weeks, it comes at a very opportune time.

It might result in a permanent position, as the company doing the contracting is known for hiring people who do temporary work for them. The agency guy also said one of his clients is always looking for EEs, so fingers crossed there, too.

When I got home from doing paperwork, I found a message from another agency - they wanted me to interview for a maintenance position in Rockford next week. Had to tell them I couldn't do it for at least two weeks - if it's still there, I'll try for it.

So - two opportunities on top of each other, after the whole summer looking.

1 comment:

  1. Hate how that happens. I finally gave up and took a job doing something way out of my degree and interest (civil, and soils at that, instead of mechanical) just because I know and like my boss really well, and he really needed the help. Do what you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete