Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I've applied!

Just mailed off the application for my CCW to the Wisconsin Department of Justice. By law, they have no more than 45 days to process the application.

Now the waiting begins. Got to buy a couple of holsters. I'm thinking a James Bond style shoulder rig, and a good hip holster, since Wisconsin allows open carry and "flashing" a gun will not be as big a deal here as in some other states.

Any suggestions?

I should really get a good hip holster for my Model 29 with the 8 3/8" barrel - that's a good open carry weapon...

2 comments:

  1. I would say that you can get a really nice custom holster (like from Dragon Leatherworks or The Holster Site, the latter of which has some neat shoulder holsters, and both run by good gun bloggers) for not much more money than what you'd pay for a good quality big brand holster. Avoid nylon. And if you don't have one, get a good belt (I have one from the beltman), made for carrying. They really really do make a difference.

    Congrats and good searching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been to their web site, and if I can get the coin together, certainly will give them preference over the local big-box outfitter!

    I think with my build, I might need to also get suspenders if I get a belt holster...

    ReplyDelete