Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ouch.

Went out to fix the trailer jack on my utility trailer - it stopped working a while back, and I got tired of manhandling the tongue. Pulled the jack off and took it apart. Simple enough fix - the jack nut, which was staked into the top end of the foot. pulled out and was spinning free. Got everything cleaned up and greased, restaked the nut, and went over to the parts washer to clean the grease off my hands.

Tripped on the raised edge of the cover of my grease pit and stumbled over some VW bumpers I had laying there - fell head fist onto my hydraulic press stand. Put a nice gash in my right cheek. Didn't break anything. Bled like a stuck pig. Mari drove me to the emergency room.

Two hours and eight stitches later, I finished putting the jack back together and back on the trailer. Works good.

Got my tetanus booster shot - first one in about 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment