Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Jugearscare follies

We started looking into health insurance through the "marketplace", since we can't afford Cobra right now. All the web sites referred for us require a phone number before you can look at pricing, so I put in my FAX number.

Turns out to have been a smart thing to do - I've had at least 100 calls come in on the FAX line since yesterday.

I picked up a couple before the machine could try to connect - dead silence even after I said "Hello". For the couple that did connect me to a human, I told them this was a FAX line, and please don't call back.

There must be a whole lot of potential profit for the insurers in getting someone to sign up for them to be so persistent...

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I know I'm going to get spammed..especially by something from the Dems- I put in the local or state Democrat part number.

    ReplyDelete