Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pissed off

I shouldn't be surprised. Ever since the federal government's illegal Department of Energy and CONgress declared war on Thomas Edison's seminal invention, I knew this was coming.

It still caught me by surprise.

Went to the Ace this morning to pick up replacement floodlight bulbs for the garage motion lights. The last time I did this was about a month ago - bought a 2-pack of GE halogen flood bulbs with a "one year" life - not a guarantee, legally, of course. The pair cost about $12, if I recall right.

The first bulb lasted about two days and went "phhht". The second one lasted over a month.

SO, not going to buy THOSE again = but all the Ace had on the main shelf was those - at $26 / pair now. Looked at the box - made in Mexico - at least the crap GE sells comes from this continent.

Found 100-watt incandescent PAR floods on the clearance shelf at $8.50 each. Bought four.

So pissed off I forgot the pipe fittings I wanted to pick up for a deep-well hand pump I am experimenting with.

Some bureaucrats and most of CONgress wants a nice tar and feather treatment. No need to run 'em out of town on a rail - leave 'em where they fall as a warning to others of their ilk...

No comments:

Post a Comment