Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Take Your Daughter to the Range Day!

Both of my daughters are good shots, so today I took my 7-year old granddaughter and her Mom out back to the range. I have a pink Crickett .22 single shot I bought just for her.

She was drilled in the four rules before she got  here, and followed them with minor reminders at first. By the end she was setting the rifle down gently and announcing "Going downrange!" before running down to see how she did.

Shooting at about 30 yards, she was getting into a Shoot N See target pretty regularly. Several bull's eyes.

I let her empty one magazine out of the 10-22 at the end, though I had to help support the rifle a bit - she's a skinny kid, and the Ruger is a bit heavy for her.

She wants to go shooting "every time they come" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment