Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Warning about MoveOn...

I've been a "member" of MoveOn for quite a while - in order to keep an eye on 'em. They sent me an email asking me to sign a "petition" to get health care destruction passed. I clicked on the link to see if I could send 'em an email from one of my alter egos - like "Adolph Hitler" or "Joseph Stalin" - two of the names I use to answer their "petitions".

The link took me to a page where I could add my own comments to their canned plea, and I did not think it was worth the trouble. They wanted me to "sign in" to finish the signature - I did NOT sign in. I closed the page without clicking on any links.

I just received this:
-------------------------
Dear friend,

Thank you. Your name has been added to the petition and your comments will be delivered to President Obama.

Another great way to make sure President Obama hears our message is to spread the word to your friends and family so they know what's going on. You can just forward the sample letter below.

Spreading the word is critical, but please only pass this message along to those who know you -- spam hurts our campaign.

Thanks for all you do.

--The MoveOn.org Political Action Team

Here's a sample message to send to your friends:

Subject: Tell Obama: We're Counting on You

Hi,

President Obama will give a major speech next week laying out what he thinks needs to be in the health care bill.

This is a critical crossroads. The president needs to hear that Americans are counting on him to stand up to the status quo and fight for real reform with a strong public health insurance option.

I just signed a petition telling President Obama I'm counting on him to fight hard for a bold health care reform bill. Can you join me at the link below?

http://pol.moveon.org/hcobama

Thanks!
-------------------------
Obviously, they register a "signature" simply by clicking on the first email's link. If you want to fox one of their "petitions", you will need to have a false email address, or you will look like a real supporter of their stupidity.

Chuck


No comments:

Post a Comment