Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Monday, September 14, 2009

More Herb

Another exchange with the senior senator from Wisconsin. His reply to my last email
http://beloitballistics.blogspot.com/2009/09/more-probably-useless-communications.html:
-------------------------------
Dear Mr. Kuecker:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about taxes. I appreciate hearing your views on this issue, and welcome the opportunity to discuss tax policy with you.

With my support, Congress recently passed $230 billion in tax cuts as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Working families, on average, will receive an additional $800 in their paychecks due to the "Making Work Pay" tax credit. Additionally, more families will qualify for the refundable child tax credit, which will lift over two million Americans out of poverty when combined with the "Making Work Pay" credit. The stimulus also includes tax cuts for families sending children to college, who are now eligible for a $2,500 tax credit per child.

I believe that another important way Congress can help American families is to get our budget deficit under control. On January 7th the Congressional Budget Office reported that the official budget deficit for FY2009 will be an estimated $1.2 trillion. This is the highest shortfall in history. A serious budget debate this year must include an honest discussion of the costs we are facing in the future and the most efficient means of restoring our economy.

As a former businessman, I understand what a burden taxes can be. I believe we must balance such important priorities as lowering the tax burden on hard-working families, defending our homeland, and educating our children, and reducing the national debt for the next generation.

Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress considers these issues. Again, thank you for contacting me and please feel free to do so again in the future.

Sincerely,

Herb Kohl
United States Senator
-------------------------------
My reply:
-------------------------------
Hi, Herb,

Just read your response to my last missive about taxation.

I don't understand how giving people money stolen from other taxpayers qualifies as a "tax cut". I thought a tax cut was where the gov't spent less, and therefore needed to steal less. Oh well, that's why I am just an engineer and not a politician, I guess.

I definitely agree with you on the idea of controlling gov't spending and "balancing" the budget. I guess this means you will be taking my desires to see ObamaCare and "cap and tax" both die well-deserved deaths by voting NO on these and all other increases in gov't spending?

By the way - I still want you to vote NO on CIFTA, should it come up. Since having some federal agency going door- to door to disarm America would definitely be an increase in gov'ty spending, this treaty cannot be ratified. The fact that it is blatantly un-Constitutional is just a side issue.
-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment