Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Monday, March 13, 2017

Shared story

Just got another email from President Trump - he wanted to hear my Jugearscare "horror story".

I obliged:

Jugearscare stole over $16,000.00 from my wife and me last year. I was laid off on December 22rd.

The contract house that was paying me did not allow the "holiday pay" for December 23rd, and paid me on December 26th - a new week - so I lost another $315.00 to Jugearscare.

I applied for Wisconsin unemployment. They asked for the gross amount of the New Years Day holiday pay I got - $370.00. But, after THAT Jugearscare deduction, I netted $15. Since Wisconsin only cares about gross pay, I lost that week's unemployment totally.

The Jugearscare "policy" we paid $315.00 per week for included a $10,000 deductible, so we did very little healthcare during the year, as whatever we did only went toward that deductible.

Also, since the deduction is pre-tax, we did not get $16,000.00 credit toward Social Security.

Repeal this horrible law - do NOT "fix" it. Fix the healthcare / insurance / drug industry that has flouted anti-trust and RICO laws for decades.

The Sunday paper here had a story about the head of a local hospital group who makes over $8,000,000.00 per year - in a non-profit organization. Something is very broken there, and a federal "health care law" won't fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment