Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

They never quit trying

Stopped at Farm and Fleet in Illinois yesterday after work to pick up some targets. The ammo section was right there, so I stopped to check out prices.

$56 for 100 rounds of .45 ACP. No .22 LR at all.

I noticed a paper taped to the edge of the top shelf - the obligatory "NO SALES WITHOUT A FOID CARD" - nothing unexpected. I asked the clerk there doing inventory about out-of-state sales - OK with a driver's license, supposedly.

Then I read the other slip of paper taped to the shelf - quotes from Ill-Annoys statutes banning sales of PISTOL AMMUNITION to anyone from out-of-state. I guess if you buy that box of .44 Magnum for your carbine you are A-OK. Beloit makes you sign a register for pistol ammo, but just tell them it's for a rifle and no signing required.

I knew Ill-Annoys was going to get revenge for having to pass CCW legislation, and that they wouldn't stop at making the license prohibitively expensive and non-reciprocal with any other state.

No comments:

Post a Comment