Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Monday, February 23, 2015

Unemployment insurance follies

Since the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development website won't allow me to fill in the dates I've worked, I dial into the "help" system.

"If you speak English, press 1". I'm curious, so I don't touch the phone,

"En Espanol...dos". I continue to wait.

Some Asian language - Hmong? Cute female voice, anyway. Continue to do nothing.

"Do you speak a language other than English?". More waiting.

Instructions to make sure your phone is set for touch-tone - and if it's a dial phone, please wait.

Finally - "We are going to attempt to connect your call". Nine in line. Time is around ten minutes.

Or, I can ask for "virtual hold", and they will call me back in around half an hour. Still waiting - seven ahead of me now.

They really want me on "virtual hold"...

Number 6 now.

Number 2 now - still want me to go on virtual hold...

Finally - a human. Nice lady. The reason I can't get into the system is because I was working in Ill-Annoys, not Wisconsin - have to file down there. Thanks for your help, have a good day.

Off to the Ill-Annoys UI site - will update...

The Ill-annoys site worked OK, but did ask for my WEIGHT on my driver's license. If all goes well, I'll get benefits in two weeks - about a quarter of what I was earning.

No comments:

Post a Comment