Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Friday, July 15, 2011

Just got a "private call"

At least that's what the caller ID says. Some woman wanting to tell me all about Mitt Romney.

Seeing as this came less than a minute after a headhunter called to let me know the engineering job less than ten miles form here had been taken by a former employee, I think I was quite courteous telling her that I couldn't care less, but thanks for the call.

Seems like the Wisconsin "no call" list exempts political and charitable junk calls - so what good is it?

I've had several calls lately from outfits wanting to reduce my credit card interest rate - with phone numbers like 449 000 3847, wanting me to press 9 to talk to a human. So I did. Got a woman who asked "Did you press 9 to talk about lowering your credit card rate?"

I responded, "No, I pressed 9 to talk to a human and inform you that I am on the Wisconsin no-call list".

Click.

Beats letting them listen to household noises until they hang up, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment