Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New year - new job search

Well, for Christmas, I got a layoff from the 120-mile commute "temp to hire" job I've gone to for the last 14 months. The "hire" part never happened, due to bad management and the fact the company got bought out by a larger competitor effective sometime this year - all engineering is likely going to end up in Iowa. At least it's not going to China.

So, I'm looking again, Got a couple good prospects.

Got a parting gift from the agency that got me the job. They don't pay  holiday pay for the Friday before Christmas - which I billed for, and the client approved. They pay for the Monday after.

So, my last check was one day shy, and today we got a bank transfer for the holiday - $15. $310 was "deducted" for the last Jugearscare "premium" for 2016.

$16,000.00+ stolen from us last year to disappear down the black hole known as Jugearscare,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I'm not going to be bitten twice. Not signing up for that crap if I get a new job and Mr. Trump and CONgress don't come through with their promise to repeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment