Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

NSA protest

There's a web site out there that wants you to fight back against the NSA monitoring everything all the time. Their ad is up on a lot of conservative web sites, including Day By Day.

Noble sentiment, so I clicked. I sent emails to my Congresscritters through them. Then I clicked on the "call you legislators" button with my phone number.

Big mistake. A computer calls you back, asks for your ZIP code, and proceeds to try and connect you to all the Congresscritters that represent your area.

By itself, this is a nice thing to let you leave messages with them easily. Except - there's no way to abort the process - say, if you don't have time right now to finish, or perhaps you need to use the phone to report an emergency. The computer ignores a hangup. You have to plod though the whole spiel to get it to let go of your line.


No comments:

Post a Comment