Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Friday, October 1, 2010

"Climate Disruption", explained

Borepatch does a great job here:

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Borepatch 101: Global Warming

Yes, I know that "Global Warming" is the old label, replaced by "Climate Change", which was in turn replaced with "Climate Disruption". By the time you read this, it may have been replaced with something else.

Oooooh kaaaaay. Nice Marketing Spin.

I wasn't trained as a scientist, but I was trained as an engineer (Electrical, thanks for asking!), and while that's not exactly the same thing, it left me very well versed in the Scientific Method. More importantly (from a Global Warming Climate Change Climate Disruption point of view), I was also trained in history, and minored in ancient and medieval history. This in fact was my insertion point into this whole brouhaha - reading about how the Medieval Warm Period supposedly wasn't warm triggered that doesn't sound right thoughts in my head. Then digging into the current state of Climate Science tripped all sorts of science alarms.

So yeah, you can count me as one of those "skeptics".

Go read the whole thing

No comments:

Post a Comment