Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Friday, March 26, 2010

It's Earth Hour!

Saturday, March 27th, will see the 2010 celebration of Earth Hour, where all good greenies will turn off all their lights for one hour at 8:30 PM local time, to demonstrate their solidarity with the High Priest of Bull Shit, St. Algore and his Church of Climatology.

http://www.myearthhour.org/

For me, I intend to turn on every light on all three buildings on my property at 8 PM, and have every operable internal-combustion vehicle I own idling with lights on in the parking area, until 9 PM. I will also be operating all audio gear on the property at full volume for the duration.

I'll be riding the motorcycle. Not good to let it idle - it overheats. Beside, riding uses more irreplacable fossil fuel, and emits more of that horrible pollutant, CO2.


No comments:

Post a Comment