Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Getting sick of Comcast

I don't have Comcast - but I've got a bunch of contacts I can't talk to who DO have them.

Comcast considers me to be a spammer, simply because I host my own email. It's a secure server on a fixed IP. I've sent them numerous requests to their customer service web site, with never a reply. Their "un-blacklist" URL is http://www.comcastsupport.com/rbl

Here's the latest one I sent them:
++++++++++++++++++
You guys are preventing me from communicating with friends and customers because I run my own email server on my own machine. This has been going on for literal years, and I've requested you fix this situation numerous times.

I've implemented security on both incoming and outgoing email now - it makes no difference.

Occasionally, an email I send gets through your system, then subsequent emails get bounces. Please get your act together!
++++++++++++++++++
For what it's worth...
Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment