Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Friday, February 3, 2012

"No gun zones" are not freedom-friendly

Took my wife out tonight to go to a Rock County Voter's Education meeting at a Janesville store.

When we got to the front door, I saw they had posted "no weapons" signs.

So, we turned around and went home.

The store will get a letter explaining why our family cannot patronize them.

Update: Sent them this email:
Tonight, my wife and I drove up to Janesville from our home in Beloit, to attend a Rock County Voter Education meeting in your building.

When we got to your front door, I saw that you had posted "no weapons" signs, as is your right.

Because of this, we were unable to attend the meeting, and you have lost our family and many of our friends and neighbors as possible customers.

Posting such signs denies the right of self-defense to your customers, and serves as a "welcome" sign to prospective armed criminals. It does nothing to ensure the safety of you or your customers.

The overwhelming majority of mass shootings in this country so far have occurred in "gun-free" areas, such as schools and communities that ban open or concealed carry.

I urge you to re-think this policy, before someone gets hurt on your premises while disarmed, and sues you for damages, as will be their right under our concealed carry law.
I'll post any reply I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment