Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Thursday, August 29, 2013

New job

My current contract job runs out tomorrow. It originally was "temp to possibly hire", but the company put a "no new hires" policy in a couple months after I started, and they have an arbitrary 18-month limit on contracts, so out I go. I could be called back in six months under that policy.

Last week, out of the blue, the temp agency called me with a possibility. I had a phone interview, and last Monday, a face-to-face. Went well.

Yesterday, I got a call - they want me to start Tuesday, and I get a nominal raise. Got to go in Friday for the piss test and to fill out paperwork. It will be about ten miles further to drive - there's a pretty good shortcut so I won't have to drive through downtown Rockford every day.

And here I was thinking I would have to suck off the UI tit for a month or two before finding a new job...

No comments:

Post a Comment