Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Still looking

Had two job interviews today. One was for a part-time TIG/MIG welder at the Broaster Co., the other was for a MIG welder at Morgan Truck Body.

The last time I used a TIG torch was in 2003, welding aluminum. Broaster wanted someone to make liquid-proof welds on thin stainless. I managed to burn some nice holes in the test metal. Oh, well. Noticed they use digital controllers similar to the kind of thing I have done dozens of times, and left them with my engineering business card - you never know.

Went up to Janesville and interviewed at Morgan. They had a nice Miller MIG welder, and asked me to make a vertical tee weld and an overhead tee weld. I managed to do those without making holes, but the penetration was not good enough.


Got a lead on a possible electrical engineering position while talking to someone at Morgan - sent them my big resume. So, not a total loss.

Got a couple of nice plant tours out of it, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment