Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Governmental idiocy

My wife's CCW permit is up for renewal. So I go to the Wisconsin DOJ web site to help her do the deed.

They ask a few questions like what is the code on the renewal letter, your CCW number and driver's license number.

And a CAPTCHA picture matrix - "check all the pictures with mountains". etc.

This goes on for a few minutes. Finally, tired of this, I choose the audio CAPTCHA option.

I get a recording from Yahoo telling me that my computer is suspected of automated hacking of the CAPTCHA, or something to that nature.

If I was a violent person, the computer monitor would have half a dozen .357 caliber holes in it. But, as I am peaceful, I reloaded the page and tried yet again.

This time, it let me through, and my wife is now legal to carry a concealed weapon for the next few years.

What I want to know is - just how many "robots" try to renew Wisconsin CCW licenses in the typical day?

No comments:

Post a Comment